Friday, January 14, 2011

Transom cap is cut......

Today I took the mold I made yesterday off. It came out great. I trimmed the edges of it and reinforced it for the part I was about to pull. After a few last measurements I started cutting the transom cap. This was very nerve recking because I wasn't sure if the boat would bow out real bad, well it didn't.






Now that is was cut I took the mold and dry fit it to make sure the part that will be made out if it will fit the way I need it too.



Then I sprayed PVA on the mold and laid it up. I used about 6 layers of glass. A mixture of matt and biax. Tomorrow I will pull the part and trim it the way I need to.







1 comment:

  1. John,
    I have enjoyed reviewing your blog. I purchased 1984 Fish Oct. 2010 which needs some repairs. I want to replace the swim platform. Will you sell your platform if it is not going to be install on your rebuilt Fish? Thanks lmcdanal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete