Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Let the foam party begin...

Got home from work today around 5:30 and had some left over energy, so I decided to start tearing out the foam under the floor. It is not an easy task. When people say Correct Craft boats are built well, they are not BSing. There are fiberglass ribs every 12 inches or so from bow to stern. I was using a saws all with a 12inch blade to cut the foam in slices. After I cut it all up I had to use a pry bar to pop up the foam in little pieces. This is going to take to a week or two to get it all cleared. There is one good thing I did notice, the foam was bone dry under the first inch of wet foam. Hopefully this means the water damage is minimal. Working all day tomorrow so nothing new is going to happen......



No comments:

Post a Comment