Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hatch building...

Well I am kind of at a standstill with the hull so yesterday and today I decided to start making my hatches. I had the molds done already. So Shawn and I got the big one PVAed, gelcoated and layed up. It can out really really good. Today we did the hatch. These are the big hatches, I will be using for over the bilge area. Enjoy the pics.
This is the Mold of the frame.

 Gelcoat applied (3 coats)

 Layup. 5 layers of chop, 2 layers of biax


 This is the part just out of the mold. Looks green because the PVA is still on it.

Here is the final frame part. Just trim the flange and recess the deck and install it.

Here is the mold of the hatch. It is already PVAed in this photo

Gelcoat applied

Layup

Layup

Finished Hatch. Still has the PVA on it


No comments:

Post a Comment