Monday, October 18, 2010

The Rebuild Starts....

Well today I started the rebuilding of my 23' Fish Nautique. I will be building the boat from the transome forward for the most part.

First I trimmed the skin I made a week ago of the transome and got it fitted inside the boat

Below picture is the skin dry fit with the 2x4's acting as spacers for the NIDA-POUR cavity.These will be removed once the skin is glassed in.

Once dry fit, I glassed in the skin with vinyl ester resin to get a good bond to the existing polly resin.

I used two coats of glass for this to give me a strong bond


After the glass was dry I removed the 2x4 spacers


I then had to brace the skin from the front to prevent it from bowing out when I pour the transome. For this I used another 2x4 cut to length across the front of the skin. I ran two 3inch screws from the outside in to hold the wood in place.



This is where the day ended.







No comments:

Post a Comment